Saturday, January 24, 2009

Testing....testing


Wow. So this is my blog about my upcoming (that being 26.5 hours from now) adventures in Germany and beyond. I have never blogged before, but I do promise that my future posts will be much, much more interesting than this one. Right now, I am sitting in my parents' house in Aurora. Womp womp. So boring. I am almost all packed up (see picture - everything I will have to live for 13 months - woo woo!), thanks to Mom, and now my mind is buzzing with thoughts and fears and excitement. Mostly excitement. I received all my travel information, and I fly out of O'Hare at 5:56pm tomorrow. Then I land in Munich at 10:50am, but it will feel like 3am to me. So strange! I have never had to deal with that kind of time difference or jetlag or anything before. They're serving a meal on the flight, which my friend Ashley tells me, may be some horrible sausage/pretzel mold - because apparently, that's all Germans eat. Yummo. I promise to email when I get to my new home and let everyone know I arrived. I can't wait to post pictures of what I see (fat old men in liederhosen - get ready for it!) and write about what it's like over "there." Oh, and Carrie - thank you for the title of my blog. You came up with it and I am totally stealing it without shame.


Prost (cheers)!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited about this BLOG! As I type, you're eating your sausage/pretzel mold and staring at all the liederhosen on the plane. Hope the trip goes smoothly! I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete